[ejabberd] RTMP video and audio with ejabberd

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 01:53:35 MSD 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 1:47 AM, Pablo Platt <pablo.platt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'll use red5 docs about the RTMP protocol
> http://osflash.org/documentation/rtmp

Disclaimer: I read about RTMP for the first time 5 minutes ago,
so maybe I didn't understood correctly the topic
and my tips are nonsense.

> I need to:
> - Create the handshake between two ejabberd users.
> - Receive the RTMP message from user A, process it, send a response to user
> A or pass an RTMP stream to user B
>
> Is there a module that can help me start?

Check mod_echo.erl. This ejabberd module (included in ejabberd, but
disabled by default) tells ejabberd that it will handle any XMPP
stanzas that users send to the JID "echo.example.org" [1]. When the
module receives an XMPP stanza from User1, the module simply sends
again the same stanza to User1 [2].

> Is it something that can be part of ejabberd or do you think it  is a huge
> project that has to be separate?

Well, if the only features that you need to implement is 'create
handshake, analyze stanzas and send a pair of XMPP stanzas', you can
do this with an ejabberd module.

If it's something more complex, then I don't know.

[1] ejabberd_router:register_route(MyHost),
[2] ejabberd_router:route(To, From, Packet2),