[ejabberd] Making ejabberd 2.0.1 work with gmail.com accounts

Sean Dilda sean at duke.edu
Tue Jun 17 21:02:54 MSD 2008

Andreas wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 06:28:18PM +0200, Vincent BARAT wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to make my brand new ejabberd 2.0.1 server work fine when
>> dealing with GTalk accounts (like account at gmail.com).
>>
>> I saw that jabber.fr was handling this correctly and I guess that it uses
>> ejabberd too (Am I wrong?).
>>
>> Is there any guideline for this?
>
> Yes, you need to add SRV records to your DNS records. Google "jabber SRV" and
> you'll find a bunch of instructions, I'm sure.

In my experience, using SRV records for your DNS is not required if the
A record points to the right place.  I have this setup for
jabber.duke.edu and it works with gmail.

What Iyou need to do is configure your jabber server to use SRV records.
  Instructions for doing this can be found here:
http://www.ejabberd.im/fix-dns-srv

I've also enabled s2s_user_starttls, although I don't know if that's
required for gmail.

Thanks,

Sean