[ejabberd] Making ejabberd 2.0.1 work with gmail.com accounts

Vincent BARAT vincent.barat at ubikod.com
Wed Jun 18 12:48:47 MSD 2008

OK, then I followed the instruction here http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/2/docs/section05.html#5_7 and now by DNS should be setup correctly with this (I use Gandi/Bind):

_xmpp-client._tcp 10800 IN SRV 5 0 5222 xmpp.ubithere.com.
_xmpp-server._tcp 10800 IN SRV 5 0 5269 xmpp.ubithere.com.
_jabber._tcp 10800 IN SRV 5 0 5269 xmpp.ubithere.com.
@ 10800 IN MX 10 spool.mail.gandi.net.
@ 10800 IN MX 20 fb.mail.gandi.net.
@ 10800 IN A 193.253.216.132
xmpp 10800 IN A 193.253.216.132
ftp 10800 IN A 193.253.216.132
www 10800 IN A 193.253.216.132

Anyway, communication with GTalk server is still not working.

What puzzled me is that trying to dig SRV records for various XMPP server domains don't work (not only for mine, but also for other like jabber.fr and gmail.com for which it should work):

$ dig _xmpp-server._tcp.gmail.com +short
-> nothing

$ dig _xmpp-server._tcp.ubithere.com +short
-> nothing

$ dig _xmpp-server._tcp.ubithere.com +short
-> nothing

I'm sure I am missing something... can you give me some advices ?

Thanks,