[ejabberd] Making ejabberd 2.0.1 work with gmail.com accounts

Vincent BARAT vincent.barat at ubikod.com
Wed Jun 18 16:27:35 MSD 2008

Yes. I'm able to communication at least with jabber.fr correctly.

By the way, when I type the same command as yours, without specifying the DNS, I get nothing:

vbarat at arthur:~$ dig @ns1.google.com SRV _xmpp-server._tcp.gmail.com +short
vbarat at arthur:~$

If I specify the DNS, it works:

vbarat at arthur:~$ dig @ns1.google.com SRV _xmpp-server._tcp.gmail.com +short
20 0 5269 xmpp-server2.l.google.com.
20 0 5269 xmpp-server3.l.google.com.
20 0 5269 xmpp-server4.l.google.com.
5 0 5269 xmpp-server.l.google.com.
20 0 5269 xmpp-server1.l.google.com.
vbarat at arthur:~$

When I do the same for my domain, it works also (which I guess means I have configured it correctly):

vbarat at arthur:~$ dig @a.dns.gandi.net SRV _xmpp-server._tcp.ubithere.com +short
5 0 5269 xmpp.ubithere.com.
vbarat at arthur:~$

Have you an idea about the reason of this behavior?