[ejabberd] ejabberd 2.0.1 started but not running

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Fri Jun 20 23:21:00 MSD 2008

Hi all, I'm sure you've heard this plenty of times, but I've been stuck
at this point for most of the day now:

# /usr/sbin/ejabberdctl status
Node ejabberd at nbabbles is started. Status: started
ejabberd is not running

We're running on Centos 5 with ejabberd 2.0.1 and the latest erlang. I'm
assuming it's config related, but all that has been changed from the
default is the host and ERLANG_NODE in ejabberdctl.cfg. Here's the
traceback from starting it up in live mode. I started the log here right
where the first error is reported. Any help would be appreciated:

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 20-Jun-2008::15:09:24 ===
         application: ssl
          started_at: ejabberd at nbabbles

=CRASH REPORT==== 20-Jun-2008::15:09:24 ===
  crasher:
    pid: <0.118.0>
    registered_name: stringprep
    exception exit: {{case_clause,{error,driver_incorrect_version}},
                     [{stringprep,init,1},
                      {gen_server,init_it,6},
                      {proc_lib,init_p,5}]}
      in function  gen_server:init_it/6
    initial call: gen:init_it(gen_server,<0.117.0>,<0.117.0>,
                              {local,stringprep},
                              stringprep,[],[])
    ancestors: [stringprep_sup,<0.39.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.117.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: false
    status: running
    heap_size: 233
    stack_size: 23
    reductions: 104
  neighbours:

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 20-Jun-2008::15:09:24 ===
     Supervisor: {local,stringprep_sup}
     Context:    start_error
     Reason:     {{case_clause,{error,driver_incorrect_version}},
                  [{stringprep,init,1},
                   {gen_server,init_it,6},
                   {proc_lib,init_p,5}]}
     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                  {name,stringprep},
                  {mfa,{stringprep,start_link,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                  {child_type,worker}]

=CRASH REPORT==== 20-Jun-2008::15:09:24 ===
  crasher:
    pid: <0.38.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {bad_return,
                        {{ejabberd_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                         {'EXIT',
                             {badarg,
                                 [{erlang,port_control,
                                      [stringprep_port,2,"nbabbles"]},
                                  {stringprep,control,2},
                                  {jlib,nodeprep,1},
                                  {ejabberd_config,normalize_hosts,2},
                                  {ejabberd_config,add_hosts_to_option,2},
                                  {lists,foldl,3},
                                  {ejabberd_config,load_file,1},
                                  {ejabberd_app,start,2}]}}}}
      in function  application_master:init/4
    initial call: application_master:init(<0.5.0>,<0.37.0>,

--
David Halik
dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu