[ejabberd] [Fwd: mod_muc {host} DNS]

Jeff Denham jeff at tgmag.ca
Wed Jun 25 01:32:52 MSD 2008

Please forgive me if this becomes a double post.. I sent the same message
before I had confirmed by subscription.

--

Hello.

The domain name I must use for the ejabber server must be a full (host
name included) domain name.  e.g. ejabber.domain.ca

For various reasons (sadly I cannot fix them at this time), I am unable to
generate a DNS entry for "conference.ejabber.domain.ca"

if I change the line to:

{host, "@HOST@"},

I start seeing very odd behaviours. Some users cannot view others,
authorization requests do not occur, very odd things.. I'm also using a
shared-roster and it seems to disable that as well.

Is there a better way for me to set this up?  Can the MUC {host} parameter
match the {hosts} portion of the config?

current relevant snippet:

  {mod_muc,      [
                  %%{host, "conference. at HOST@"},
                  {access, muc},