[ejabberd] need help with command-line messaging like sendxmpp

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Thu Jun 26 19:52:12 MSD 2008

Thanks Jesse.  I do have my ejabberd node (ejabberd at jabberdev) is running
under a different domain than my primary virtual host I use:

Host  Registered Users   Online Users
interplas.com 33   23
localhost 0 0
jabberdev.tracepackage.com  0 0

So, I do have to set "interplas.com" as my login server and
"jabberdev.tracepackage.com" as my host.   I've tried placing the
'componentname' argument in many places in the Net::XMPP files as well as
the sendxmpp perl script.  I just don't see exactly how to do it.  Maybe my
fedora software is just too dated:  perl-Net-XMPP-1.02-2.fc6

But, I'll look into grabbing XMPP2.

Thanks,
-Eric Wood