[ejabberd] pubsub god-mode

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Thu Mar 6 11:12:01 MSK 2008

Hi,

is it possible to create an ACL in 2.0.0 that allows a specific JID
to update my PEP/PIP nodes?

I was toying with the idea of writing a component that pools the new
fire eagle yahoo service [1] for my users location and updates their
own Geo loc [2] PEP nodes.

At least we could have a real notification service...

But without some ACL inside ejabberd telling him, that yes, my
service is trusted to do that, I really don't see any way to mary the
big wide web with the cool xmpp universe.

In a future universe, when pubsub support in clients, I could
probably ask the user via XMPP to do this, but right now, I'm just
doing this over the web, also because I need to do the OAuth dance
that the API requires.

Thanks in advance for any kind soul that has a more erlang'iang brain
than my own,

PS: I'm willing and eager to test patches ;)
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org
Use XMPP!