[ejabberd] Using ejabberd as a s2s router only

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Wed Mar 19 02:30:12 MSK 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a instance of ejabberd 2.0 without any sort
of local domains. I want to use ejabberd as a s2s router, between my
local components and the XMPP network.

So far I got it to work with the minimal configuration

override_global.
override_local.
override_acls.

{loglevel, 4}.
{language, "en"}.
{hosts, ["hub.simplicidade.org"]}.

{listen, [
   {5269, ejabberd_s2s_in, [ {shaper, s2s_shaper}, {max_stanza_size,
131072} ]},
   {5280, ejabberd_http,   [ web_admin ]}
]}.

{auth_method, internal}.

{shaper, normal, {maxrate,  1000}}.
{shaper, fast,   {maxrate, 50000}}.

{acl, admin, {user, "admin", "hub.simplicidade.org"}}.
{acl, local, {user_regexp, ""}}.

{access, max_user_sessions, [{10, all}]}.
{access, local, [{allow, local}]}.
{access, configure, [{allow, admin}]}.

{access, s2s_shaper, [{fast, all}]}.

{modules, [
   {mod_adhoc,    []},
   {mod_caps,     []},
    {mod_configure,[]}, % requires mod_adhoc
   {mod_disco,    []}
]}.

I don't think I can cut anything else. I tried removing the {host},
{auth}, the {mod_configure} and port 5280, but ejabberd refused to
listen to the 5269 port.

So I think I need to have some local domain, even if it is just a
fake one.

Any suggestions on how to strip this down even further? I don't need
any c2s activity whatsoever but even with this minimal config, I
think PEP is still started up.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo