[ejabberd] Using ejabberd as a s2s router only

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Wed Mar 19 16:37:00 MSK 2008

Hi,

On Mar 19, 2008, at 12:07 PM, Manuel Mely wrote:
> So how you tell to your XMPP servers to use this hub?

That's basic SRV handling... For example, if two domains, pessoa.lit
and saramago.lit, use the same hub at hub.simplicidade.org, I just
set the SRV records of both domain to point at hub.simplicidade.org.

> Maybe if you have
> a fake domain with no registration, you solve.

Yes, I know. That's what I'm doing with hub.simplicidade.org.

The question is: can I skip the hub.simplicidade.org XMPP domain
part? Can I remove it from the ejabberd configuration?

After a good night sleep, I don't believe I can (its used in the
XEP-0114 handshake for example), and in the end its not such a big of
a deal.

So I´ll leave this as an experiment that proved to be unnecessary.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org