[ejabberd] yahoo-transport-2 : buddylist doesn't appear

Arup Malakar amalakar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 17:40:15 MSK 2008

Hi There,

I have installed ejbbaerd-2.0.0 on my ubuntu(7.10) desktop. I have installed
yahoo transport on it following the instructions[1] mentioned in the
ejabberd website.
I can discover the yahoo service as well as I can register using my yahoo
username and password.
I am shown online to others and I am able to receive message from my yahoo
buddys too. The only problem I
am having is that the yahoo friend list that I have doesn't show up in my
messenger[I have tried psi/pidgin].

Is there any configuration that I need to enable or am I missing something
here. Is there any other yahoo transport that
I should be trying? I was trying openfire as well  and I was able to see my
yahoo buddylist using the yahoo
transport plugin that comes with openfire.

1. http://www.ejabberd.im/yahoo-transport-2

Greetings,
Arup Malakar
Email: amalakar at gmail.com