[ejabberd] Ejabberd with Drupal

Christoph Mewes christoph.mewes at freiheit.com
Fri May 2 11:11:53 MSD 2008

Hi.

>> Has anyone tried merging the users tables from ejabberd with those of
>> Drupal?
>>
>> We're currently using mod_odbc onto a mysql backend but would like to
>> build a website using the same user table.
>>
>> I noticed that there are drupal modules to authenticate against jabber
>> servers.  This is nice, but we're looking for more than just
>> authentication.  Registration from xmpp would be nice.
>>
>> Has anyone else tried this?
>
> We've thought about that for jabber.org but have not worked out the
> details yet (we use a postgres DB for IM users and the native Drupal DB
> for website users but really want to merge the two).

We extended ejabberd's xmlrpc interface to sync users. Worked out very
well. We never go the other way around though, but it should be almost
as easy.

Greets,
Fossi

--
Christoph Mewes
Dipl.-Wi.-Inform.

freiheit.com technologies gmbh
Straßenbahnring 22 / 20251 Hamburg, Germany
fon       +49 (0)40 / 890584-0
fax       +49 (0)40 / 890584-20
HRB Hamburg 70814

FE97 1705 44D3 ED72 1E59  7F3E 2D93 C469 042A 43CD
Geschäftsführer: Claudia Dietze, Stefan Richter, Jörg Kirchhof