[ejabberd] problem with jabber servers

Jonathan Schleifer js-ejabberd at webkeks.org
Thu May 8 23:10:28 MSD 2008

Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:

> It's not clear to me what the problem is. You can communicate with
> jabber.org and jabberes.org but not other servers like amessage.de or
> whatever? Usually server-to-server communication is all or nothing...

Well, it could be TLS related I guess. jabberes.org for example doesn't
use TLS for s2s IIRC.
I already talked on this list about a few cases were s2s was broken is
some servers. Well, one of them had broken TLS and couldn't connect to
other servers, but jabber.org and jabberes.org were two of those which
worked. Could be the same here.

Anyway, an update to ejabberd 2.0 might help.

--
Jonathan