[ejabberd] ejabberd newbie question

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri May 9 01:49:53 MSD 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Ken Weiner <kweiner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to setup a jabber server for the first time and I have it working
> such that I can register users and these users can communicate with each other
> using jabber clients.

So you got C2S  (it means Client to Server) connections working correctly.

>  However, none of my users are able to communicate via
> jabber with users on other jabber servers.
>
> Is there something I have to setup so that my users can add external users to
> their rosters?

You need to setup S2S (it means Server to Server) connections
correctly in your Jabber server .

The hints provided in this FAQ are also valid for you:
  http://www.ejabberd.im/connect-from-internet

In general, ejabberd default configuration has port 5269 already setup
and ready.