[ejabberd] mod_archive : how to retrieve archived message

Alexander Tsvyashchenko lists at ndl.kiev.ua
Fri May 9 17:49:59 MSD 2008

Hello All,

Quoting Olivier Goffart <ogoffart at kde.org>:

>> I have configured the mod_archive module for message archiving in the
>> server, it uses mysql db to store the messages. But I couldn't figure out
>> what is the xmpp message I should send from the client to retrieve message
>> history from the server.
>
> Which version of the module are you using?
>
> mod_archive.erl implement an old version of the jep and has many bugs.

In fact mod_archive_odbc is also outdated already with respect to the
latest XEP version ;-)

2Arup: I believe the problem you have could be related to the XML
namespace: while current XEP uses 'urn:xmpp:tmp:archive',
mod_archive_odbc still uses
'http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#ns' one. Could you try
to perform your queries using the old namespace?

P.S. I do not want to change namespace in implementation right now as
it looks like XEP-136 approaches the "draft" stage pretty soon (?),
and at that stage namespace will change again; also there are several
other changes I'd like to make in mod_archive_odbc to bring it into
accordance with the current XEP-136 version, and I'd like to make them
in one step rather than producing several "intermediate" versions, so
stay tuned - and meanwhile just use the old namespace for some
(hopefully short) time.

Good luck!                                     Alexander