[ejabberd] mod_archive : how to retrieve archived message

Arup Malakar amalakar at gmail.com
Fri May 9 20:05:13 MSD 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Alexander Tsvyashchenko <lists at ndl.kiev.ua>
wrote:

> Quoting Olivier Goffart <ogoffart at kde.org>:
>
> Which version of the module are you using?

Olivier I am using mod_archive_odbc only, it was my mistake that I mentioned
mod_archive. I have checked out the code from
svn trunk. So it should be the latest one.

This is what the configuration looks like:

% Message archiving
  {mod_archive_odbc, [{database_type, "mysql"},
                        {default_auto_save, true},
                        {enforce_default_auto_save, false},
                        {default_expire, infinity},
                        {enforce_min_expire, 0},
                        {enforce_max_expire, infinity},
                        {replication_expire, 31536000},
                        {session_duration, 1800},
                        {wipeout_interval, 86400}]}

2Arup: I believe the problem you have could be related to the XML namespace:
> while current XEP uses 'urn:xmpp:tmp:archive', mod_archive_odbc still uses '
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#ns' one. Could you try to
> perform your queries using the old namespace?

I tried the namespace "urn:xmpp:archive" but no success. Here is the snippet
I am sending now:

<iq type='get' id='xyz1'>
  <list xmlns='urn:xmpp:archive'
        with='xyz at example.com'>
    <set xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm'>
      <max>30</max>
    </set>
  </list>
</iq>

But I am getting the same error. Here with='xyz at example.com' is the other
buddy whose chat history I want to see right?
Alexander can you send across the xml request I should send which you
believe is correct.

If I do a disco query, here is a snippet of response I get:

<feature var="http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#ns-manage" />
<feature var="http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#ns-auto" />
<feature var="http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#ns-pref" />
<feature var="http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#ns-manual" />