[ejabberd] Ejabberd 2.0 clustering with mySQL?

Tom tom.valdes at gmail.com
Fri May 9 20:05:39 MSD 2008

anders conbere wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Tom <tom.valdes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the confirmation that clustering works from different subnets.
>>
>> Does anyone have any information on whether or not clustering works with
>> MySQL?
>> And if so, can someone please provide updated instructions on setting it up?
>>

> are you having any particular problems with your cluster using MySQL?

I'm unclear as to the correct steps involved in setting it up.

I've read to simply copy the cookie from server1 to server2 and then
start up server1 like normal.
./ejabberctl start

then on server2, run
./erl -sname ejabberd -mnesia extra_db_nodes "['ejabberd at server1']" -s
mnesia

In another thread I read to copy the cookie from server1 to server2.
then on server1, run
./erl -sname ejabberd -mnesia extra_db_nodes "['ejabberd at server2']" -s
mnesia

then on server2, run
./erl -sname ejabberd -mnesia extra_db_nodes "['ejabberd at server1']" -s
mnesia

Can you please clarify the proper steps?

thanks,
tom