[ejabberd] Ejabberd 2.0 clustering with mySQL?

Tom tom.valdes at gmail.com
Mon May 12 19:11:03 MSD 2008

Any ideas? pointers?

----------------------
Here's some more information:

This is from my previous email with more information added..

When I start ejabberd using:
server1:   ./erl -sname ejabberd -mnesia extra_db_nodes
"['ejabberd at server2']" -s mnesia
server2:   ./erl -sname ejabberd -mnesia extra_db_nodes
"['ejabberd at server1']" -s mnesia

ping pong works and '|mnesia:info().' shows me both cluster members

However when I start it using the above commands, I am unable to connect
to either server with my client.

If I start up ejabberd using   './ejabberdctl start'  I can connect, but
I don't know if it's using clustering.  How do I run it with
./ejabberdctl and specify to run in a cluster?

After I set up the parts in Steps 3 and 4 in the docs and quit, am I
supposed to start it up each time using the above commands? or should I
start it up using "./ejabberdctl start"

thanks,
tom