[ejabberd] S2S idle timeout in 2.0?

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Tue May 13 23:18:14 MSD 2008

Hi,

since my upgrade to 2.0, I noticed more errors when I want to talk to
remote XMPP servers, compared to 1.x.

given that this is a server with very little traffic (less than 5
accounts active most of the time), I believe that most s2s
connections timeout and are shutdown due to lack of traffic.

When I send a message to someone at a remote site, I get a error back
(server-not-found). I then wait 5 to 10 seconds and resend, and the
message reaches the destination.

Is there any setting I can change to keep my s2s connections alive
while I'm online?

I've searched the docs (http://www.process-one.net/docs/ejabberd/
guide_en.html) for timeout and idle and nothing comes up.

Thanks,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org