[ejabberd] S2S idle timeout in 2.0?

Jonathan Schleifer js-ejabberd at webkeks.org
Wed May 14 01:06:37 MSD 2008

Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org> wrote:

> since my upgrade to 2.0, I noticed more errors when I want to talk
> to remote XMPP servers, compared to 1.x.
>
> given that this is a server with very little traffic (less than 5
> accounts active most of the time), I believe that most s2s
> connections timeout and are shutdown due to lack of traffic.
>
> When I send a message to someone at a remote site, I get a error
> back (server-not-found). I then wait 5 to 10 seconds and resend, and
> the message reaches the destination.

I have *EXACTLY* the same problem and already talked about it with
aleksey and badlop, but they can't reproduce it.
It seems that connections time out when you OPEN them, because small
servers have to open too many s2s connections at once them.
Let me guess: You often don't see your whole roster, but when you
reconnect a few times after the first connect, you finally see
everybody online? This is because a lot of s2s connections are only
opened at the second or even third try.

--
Jonathan