[ejabberd] S2S idle timeout in 2.0?

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Wed May 14 12:00:57 MSD 2008

Hi,

On May 13, 2008, at 10:38 PM, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:

> Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org> wrote:
>
>> My roster is too big to see if that's true or not :)
>
> Of course it is, otherwise you won't have enough users on different
> servers, thus not so many s2s connections, thus not triggering the
> problem.
> But it's not too big too see if that's true or not. Every decent
> client
> can show how many people are online of the total number of contacts.
> Just reconnect once or twice and look at that number. Does it go up
> after the first or second reconnect?

Yes, it does. I switched clients to see this more clearly. Looking at
the logs I have a *lot* of timeouts on s2s links.

first time I connect, 2 online users. Wait 5 minutes, offline and
then online, now 28 online users. Third time, 30 users.

The only thing I find in the logs is a lot of

=INFO REPORT==== 2008-05-14 08:47:27 ===
I(<0.29881.3>:ejabberd_s2s_out:762) : Closing connection with
jabber.org: timeout

for several domains.

Very strange...

I'll bump my debug level up and see what happens.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org