[ejabberd] ejabberd Cluster problems with LDAP Authentication.

Tim Stewart tstewart at ciena.com
Wed May 21 01:48:42 MSD 2008

Hello all,

I have several ejabberd cluster nodes distributed across several
sites, each configured to use site-local Active Directory servers to
handle authentication via LDAP.  This last weekend, both AD servers
went down at one of the sites and all cluster nodes were unable to
authenticate users.  Also, once the AD servers were brought online I
had to restart each ejabberd instance to return things to normal.

I've done text dumps of the database at each site, and I see the local
AD servers configured properly for each.  Can someone think of a
reason why one site's LDAP servers going down would affect all nodes?

Thanks for the help, and ask if anything needs clarification.

--
-TimS

Tim Stewart
Lead UNIX Systems Administrator