[ejabberd] ejabberd and XEP-0133

Sean Dilda sean at duke.edu
Thu May 22 20:53:00 MSD 2008

Has anyone had luck getting XEP-0133 commands working with ejabberd?

I ran across https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-325 which
claims some of the commands work in ejabberd 2.0.0.  However, every time
I try one, ejabberd gives me a bad request response.

Here's an example:

I send (as an admin):

<iq from='sean at test.server/pidgin' id='end-user-session-1'
to='test.server' type='get' lang='en'>
         <command xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/commands'
action='execute' node='http://jabber.org/protocol/admin#end-user-session'/>

</iq>

And I receive:

<iq from='test.server' to='sean at test.server/pidgin'
id='end-user-session-1' type='error'>
         <command xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/commands'
action='execute' node='http://jabber.org/protocol/admin#end-user-session'/>
         <error code='400' type='modify'>
                 <bad-request xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/>
         </error>
</iq>

I've only tried a couple so far, but the result always seems to be the
same.  I even tried limiting my testing to the commands that jira claims
are implemented in ejabberd 2.0.0

The stanza I sent is just a slightly modified version of the example
from http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0133.html#end-user-session

If anyone can offer any insight in this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sean