[ejabberd] ejabberd and XEP-0133

Sean Dilda sean at duke.edu
Thu May 22 21:24:25 MSD 2008

Zbyszek Żółkiewski wrote:
> this is from Psi console:
>
> <iq type="set" to="jabster.pl" id="abfda" >
> <command xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/commands"
> node="http://jabber.org/protocol/admin#end-user-session"
> sessionid="2008-05-22T17:01:27.999381Z" >
> <x xmlns="jabber:x:data" type="submit" >
> <field type="hidden" var="FORM_TYPE" >
> <value>http://jabber.org/protocol/admin</value>
> </field>
> <field type="jid-single" var="accountjid" >
> <value>testiusz33 at jabster.pl</value>
> </field>
> </x>
> </command>
> </iq>

Thanks for the response.  I'm actually having problems at an earlier
stage in the transaction.  However, you gave me a good idea.  I fired up
Psi (sadly pidgin doesn't support jabber as well as I'd like), opened
the XML console and tried to end a user session.

For the initial stanza, Psi is setting the type on the Iq to 'set' while
the XEP specifies 'get', which is what I was doing.  When I changed to
'set', everything started working.  This is looking like a bug (in
ejabberd and psi) to me.

> and it seams to work ok...are you using patch from EJAB325 or using
> ejabberd2.0 ?

I'm using ejabberd 2.0.0