[ejabberd] ejabberd and XEP-0133

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Thu May 22 22:18:14 MSD 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Sean Dilda <sean at duke.edu> wrote:
> For the initial stanza, Psi is setting the type on the Iq to 'set' while
> the XEP specifies 'get', which is what I was doing.  When I changed to
> 'set', everything started working.  This is looking like a bug (in
> ejabberd and psi) to me.

I tested Tkabber SVN and Gajim 0.11.4: all use 'set'.

All the examples in XEP-0133 include 'get'.
I checked in SVN that this part of the XEP [1] was not modified in
several years.

If you check XEP-0050, it clearly says several times that 'set' must
be used to execute a command:
> <iq type='set' to='responder at domain' id='exec1'>
>   <command xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/commands'
>            node='list'
>            action='execute'/>
> </iq>

So, i think 'set' is the correct way to do it, and the bug is in
XEP-0133 itself.

I've contacted the author of XEP-0133 for clarification: he agrees and
will fix the protocol.

[1] http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0133.xml?r=1171#l462