[ejabberd] The trouble we encountered in using Ejabberd

peng tao peng.tao at gmail.com
Fri May 23 15:27:47 MSD 2008

Dear Friends,

We developed our Web IM service, based on Ejabberd 2.0.0 on Linux Platform.
Some troubles happened.

When the service build friends list, the system cannot get response from
Ejabberd, and we found socket waiting overtime.

The Case detail is:
1) we import 6030 users.
2) we establish friend list.
a) if we calculate one friend connection every second,  and we will find we
establish about 50 friend connections in one minute. However, after 10 hours
runing, we only establish about 2000 friend connections. In the end, it
takes one hour for establishing 50 friend connections.
b) if we calculate the friend connection faster (not limited by one per
second), we soon find the no-response when 450 friend connections are
calculated.

Wonder if any one help us on the issues. Attached please find the program
meeting trouble.

Thanks a lot,