[ejabberd] example of xml message for xml-rpc module

mark peleus mark.peleus at gmail.com
Mon May 26 00:10:59 MSD 2008

I can't call mod_xmlrpc either with erlang or php.

Will you be kind and tell me if the readme.txt file is up to date?
https://forge.process-one.net/browse/ejabberd-modules/mod_xmlrpc/trunk/README.txt?r=594

If it's not could you tell me the steps I need?

What I'm doing is:
- download
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/files/contributions/xmlrpc-1.13-ipr2.tgz
- compile the files I downloaded. It doesn't says to compile xmerl but
xmlrpc_decode.erl tries to include it. Do I need xmerl first?
- download mod_xmlrpc from
https://forge.process-one.net/browse/ejabberd-modules/mod_xmlrpc/trunk/srcand
compile it.
- put mod_xmlrpc in ejabberd beam folder.
- update the config file: adds to the module section {mod_xmlrpc,
[{port, 4560}, {ip, all}, {maxsessions, 10}, {timeout, 5000}]},
- run ejabberd and tries to send xmlrpc message with the erlang console.

I can't send the message but I don't get errors in ejabberd log about
mod_xmlrpc module.
When I try to send xmlrpc request using the PHP example I get a timeout.

Thanks