[ejabberd] Need help on Clustering

ts-onlyfree Admin-eMail admin at ts-onlyfree.de
Tue May 27 20:53:03 MSD 2008

Hiho

i'm admin of ts-onlyfree.org. we're hosting an openfire-server but this
doesnt support clustering4free :(

now i set up an ejabberd2 from install-script on first server.

answered cluster-question with yes and set jab.ts-onlyfree.org as host.

on second i set jab2.ts-onlyfree.org

copied erlangcookie from first to second.

but if i run this on second, it says always :

Debian-40-etch-32-minimal:/opt/ejabberd-2.0.1/bin# erl -sname ejabberd \
> -mnesia extra_db_nodes "['ejabberd at jab.ts-onlyfree.org']" \
> -s mnesia
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.5.2 [source] [async-threads:0]
[kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.5.2  (abort with ^G)
(ejabberd at Debian-40-etch-32-minimal)1>
=ERROR REPORT==== 27-May-2008::18:39:02 ===
** System NOT running to use fully qualified hostnames **
** Hostname jab.ts-onlyfree.org is illegal **

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-May-2008::18:39:02 ===
** System NOT running to use fully qualified hostnames **
** Hostname jab.ts-onlyfree.org is illegal **

How to fix this? I found nothing in google, so i joined the mailing-list *g

If this cluster works with 2 machine, i will join up to 5 servers into it =)

Please help me :D

Kind Regards
Dennis

www.ts-onlyfree.org