[ejabberd] ejabberd remmembers users after uninstall and re-install

mark peleus mark.peleus at gmail.com
Wed May 28 16:43:21 MSD 2008

Hi,

Few weeks ago I installed ejabberd 2.0.0 on linux VPS.

Yesterday I've uninstalled ejabberd using
cd /opt/ejabberd-2.0.0
./ uninstall

I removed all the ejabberd floder under /opt

Installed ejabberd 2.0.1 binary

When I logged in to the web admin I see the 5 users I registered on the
Their rosters are empty now.

Is ./uninstall suppose to completely uninstall ejabberd with all the data?

What is the correct way to upgrade ejabberd?
uninstall old version, install new version, copy config files and importing
the database?

Thank you.