[ejabberd] Anonymous users versus registered users in ejabberd

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri May 30 22:48:01 MSD 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 12:29 PM, mark peleus <mark.peleus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we imitate most of the functionalities of registered users with
> anonymous users?

I think yes.

Note anonymous_protocol can be:
 * sasl_anon:  SASL Anonymous method. The account doesn't need to
exist previously.
 * login_anon: the account must exist, and no password is required to
login to it.

> How does ejabebrd treat anonymous users compared to registered users?

The difference is how they logged in.
Once the session is created, they are full-right citizens in ejabberd.

> Where does ejabberd store the anonymous user data? Does it store it only in
> the memory or in a temporary database table?
>
> Can an anonymous user send and receive presence?

Yes, also messages and IQ.

> Can an anonymous user have add users to a temporary roster that will be
> deleted when his session ends?

Yes, when the client session ends, his roster and his offline messages
are deleted.