[ejabberd] Late unavailable presence can knock a newer session out of a chatroom

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Nov 4 23:09:29 MSK 2008

> Kevin Crosbie wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I posted a forum message: http://www.ejabberd.im/node/3261 a few days
>> ago about some trouble I'm having when I get network connectivity
>> outages and am trying to aggressively maintain presence in muc rooms.
>>
>> I just wanted to know if anybody else had any thoughts on this.

Do you want the server to be smart about knowing which rooms the old
resource was in? AFAIK ejabberd doesn't do that now, and it seems like
an odd feature to me. Is there a reason why you're logging in with the
same resource all the time? Perhaps I don't understand your scenario.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/