[ejabberd] Disabling user to user communication?

Arne Claassen arne at getorganyzd.com
Sat Nov 8 21:13:48 MSK 2008

Julien,

I assume your running a server for your users to lower the burden of
entry. And you probably want to keep the load down on your pubsub
server. What I've done for notify.me is run two different servers one
that is purely for new user sign-up and one that our services run on
and I automatically set up roster entries between the two on sign-up.
Right now they run on the same physical server, but if people start
using the main server as their personal chat account I can easily
separate my services from the user traffic. It does mean we're in the
chat server business, but i think that's a price worth paying for
trying to drive Xmpp adoption.

arne