[ejabberd] Multi user games with ejabberd

Pablo Platt pablo.platt at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 00:46:59 MSK 2008

Hi,

I saw chesspark muc implementation but I believe PubSub is the way to go. It handles permissions, storage and search out of the box.
Parsing all the possible xml tags inside a message stanza and rout them to components on the client side is complicated and even more complicated when you are trying to load plugins on demand.
This proposed game spec  requires the client to have a 'game' component that will handle the 'invite' tag and then a chess component that will handle the moves. In addition, you have to check if the message stanza contains a normal chat message or some extension.
The reason I'm asking this here and not on the XMPP mailing list is because I think that ejabbered PubSub is 99% compatible. The only missing link is to be able to configure a node not to send notifications to the publisher.