[ejabberd] <stream:error><xml-not-well-formed xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams'/></stream:error></stream:stream>

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Wed Nov 12 10:39:25 MSK 2008

Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use ejabberd to send binary data encoded in base64. I sometimes get
> this error :
>
> RECV: <stream:error><xml-not-well-formed
> xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams'/></stream:error></stream:stream>
>
> 2008-11-11 21:22:24,599 - DEBUG - XmppBaseClient.py at line no. 254 -
> Disconnected!
>
> I was wondering how I can see the XMPP message that caused the
> problem, so that I may analyse it and see why it's causing this error.
> I have not found anything so far, does someone know how I may do this?
>
> Thank you,
> Gabriel

This seems to happen only with large messages, I think that the message
is beeing sent in chunks, and the xml parser on ejabberd doesn' t like
this. I had a problem like this before using a custom XML-based message
client & server, the server was receiving the begining of an XML msg,
and then it received the rest, but for it it was two distinct messages,
so they were not well formed. I solved this by using an event-based XML
parser. Does this sound plausable? If so how could I solve this?

Thank you,
Gabriel