[ejabberd] What's involved in fixing memory usage issueswith SSL/TLS?

Jeffrey Rogiers jeffrey.rogiers at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 03:26:18 MSK 2008

Hello,

I just ran benchmarks with the new tls_drv.c but the improvements
weren't what i would've expected. I actually got similar results
compared to the previous driver.

I was wondering if anyone else got similar results.

On our server with over 3GB of ram, ejabberd dies with just over 5,000
users. Meanwhile with TLS off I can have well over 40,000 users online
with no problem.

I had a while loop dumping data every 2 seconds during the benchmark
test and this was the last output right before it died.

------------------
users: 5190
cpu:   28.5156% [RAW: 584]
mem:   96.2609%
Mem:          3285       3147        138          0          0        111
-/+ buffers/cache:       3035        250
Swap:         4094          0       4094

Thanks,
Jeffrey Rogiers