[ejabberd] What's involved in fixing memory usage issues with SSL/TLS?

Jeffrey Rogiers jeffrey.rogiers at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 19:41:40 MSK 2008

I am using a mysql backend, but its on a different machine.
I am running a 64bit OS, but the machine currently has 3.5GB of ram
which we plan on upgrade at a later date.
My tests were done using starttls on port 5222.

The beam.smp process being the only large process running on the
machine its safe to assume that it was the memory hog in this case.

My script was displaying the total memory usage on the machine
calculated via a ejabberd_ctl.erl addition.

process(["quickmem"]) ->
    [{total_memory, Total}, {free_memory, Free},
{system_total_memory,_Sys}] = memsup:get_system_memory_data(),
    Mem = (((Total - Free)/Total) * 100),
    io:format("mem: ~p%",[Mem]).

Along with "free -m"

Thanks,