[ejabberd] mod_proxy65 and ejabberd 2.0.1

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Thu Nov 20 13:27:38 MSK 2008

On Nov 20, 2008, at 10:13 AM, Marcus Sobchak <lists at localguru.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 20.11.2008, 09:49 +0800 schrieb Zhan Caibao:
>> You do not need to set proxy on client.
>
> I don't have to set a "Data Transfer Proxy"? Hmmm ...

Smart clients can discover the proxy. Using disco#items on your domain
and then disco#info on each entry.

Not that many smart clients out there unfortunately. I believe that
libpurple still requires manually setting the proxy. If only they
would provide a sane default like proxy.jabber.org...

And even if a client is smart enough to find it, some server admins
don't know or noticed that they have to set an aditional SRV record
for the proxy domain.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo