[ejabberd] PubSub node names and ejabberd

Jack Moffitt jack at chesspark.com
Sat Nov 22 03:12:29 MSK 2008

> Yes, but we are using a semantic for a good reason. Without a way to filter
> node a good default behaviour is to have a hierarchy to order a large number
> of nodes.

Maybe so, but this probably means that the hierarchy and spec
violation should be something people opt into, not the default
behavior.  I don't see why you need a hierarchy in the node names,
when a hierarchy is implicit in the leaf/collection relationships.

ejabberd's default implementation means that people using examples
from the spec will find that they don't work.  Also, why is there a
'/home'?  Wouldn't the root of the tree just be '/'.

jack.