[ejabberd] PubSub node names and ejabberd

Adi jabber.list at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 05:17:21 MSK 2008

I agree with Jack. It will be nice to have the flexibility. People who need
to order a large number of nodes will automatically do a hierarchy anyway.

As a random example if i was planning to do something like org/<my
org>/<Service>/jid/...
now i have to do /home/<host-name>/jid/org/<my org>/<service>/...

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Jack Moffitt <jack at chesspark.com> wrote:

> > Yes, but we are using a semantic for a good reason. Without a way to
> filter
> > node a good default behaviour is to have a hierarchy to order a large
> number
> > of nodes.
>
> Maybe so, but this probably means that the hierarchy and spec
> violation should be something people opt into, not the default
> behavior.  I don't see why you need a hierarchy in the node names,
> when a hierarchy is implicit in the leaf/collection relationships.
>
> ejabberd's default implementation means that people using examples
> from the spec will find that they don't work.  Also, why is there a
> '/home'?  Wouldn't the root of the tree just be '/'.
>
> jack.

Thanks,
Adi