[ejabberd] mod_proxy65 and ejabberd 2.0.1

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Mon Nov 24 13:36:26 MSK 2008

On Nov 20, 2008, at 7:44 PM, Julian Golderer wrote:

> Pedro Melo schrieb:
>> Smart clients can discover the proxy. Using disco#items on your
>> domain
>> and then disco#info on each entry.
>
> is Psi a smart client? I don't know if it has auto discovery. Or can
> you
> give me some examles of smart clients?

hmms... I don't know about 0.13, but I think 0.12 was not smart enough.

I only use SAPO Messenger for Mac (psi based) and he does find proxy's
automagically.

>> And even if a client is smart enough to find it, some server admins
>> don't know or noticed that they have to set an aditional SRV record
>> for
>> the proxy domain.
>
> How should the SRV record look like? Where's it mentioned? I didn't
> find
> it in the PEP nor on the ejabberd website.

Any domain that you want to use with federation requires the SRV
described in RFC 3920.

So if your main domain is saramago.lit, you would have something like:

_xmpp-server._tcp.saramago.lit. IN SRV 0 0 5269
your.xmpp.server.name.here.

So if you have a proxy at ft.saramago.lit you would also require:

_xmpp-server._tcp.ft.saramago.lit. IN SRV 0 0 5269
your.xmpp.server.name.here.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo