[ejabberd] Problems with ejabberd and odbc
badlop at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 03:46:18 MSK 2008
The author also reported this in:
import from jabberd with odbc-backend fails
I think the jabberd1 import feature was developed before ejabberd
supported non-Mnesia storage. Since the import is only done once, and
never again, it didn't receive much attention.
Until the problems are investigated, there are two workarounds.
Instead of importing jabberd1 directly into non-Mnesia storage, you
can try this:
1. Import jabberd1 into Mnesia storage. Tutorial:
Migrate from jabberd 1.4 to ejabberd
2. Migrate from Mnesia storage to non-Mnesia storage
Another solution is to deal with the problems you reported. Proposed steps:
1. In ejabberd.cfg specify only the vhost that you will import now.
2. If you want to import spool dir of other domain, edit ejabberd.cfg
and import it.
3. Once you imported one by one all domains, you can put the full list
4. Regarding the roster import into ODBC, try this script:
Script to migrate rosterusers and rostergroups in MySQL database
More information about the ejabberd