[ejabberd] trouble clustering with ejabberd 2.0.2_2 and mySQL

Tom tom.valdes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 19:30:55 MSD 2008

The blog helped out a bit
http://dev.esl.eu/blog/2008/09/30/set-up-clustering-in-ejabberd/

and now I'm at the point where I can create accounts and login to testim02

I went back to using mnesia to at least get clustering working.
I set passwd and pubsub_item to "RAM and disc copy" in the database
setup so now the stats section on the admin page of both testim and
testim02 both are showing the correct number of registered users.

With my jabber client, I can connect to testim02, but I can't connect to
testim (my jabber client reports "Host Unknown" but I can ping testim
from a command prompt)

When I pull the plug on testim02, I lose the connection and testim
doesn't continue my session.. it seems related to the inability to
connect to testim, but at this point I'm just guessing.

If I restart ejabberd on testim02, I am able to connect to both testim
and testim02 for about a minute or 2 then my connections on testim get
dropped and my client says "Host Unknown".. testim02 continues to work fine.

thanks,
tom

ps..if anyone is available and willing to help over an IM session during
10am and 6pm EST, I would greatly appreciate it.