[ejabberd] pubsub_item.DAT getting big

Eric Cestari eric at ohmforce.com
Thu Oct 2 17:00:57 MSD 2008

I think I found something.

Do you have several users publishing on this node ?

Because from what I read in node_default:publish_items, the
remove_extra_items is called with the Items array taken from the
pubsub_state mnesia table.
This table holds the relation between a user and a node, and tracks
items published by a single user on a single node :

-record(pubsub_state, {stateid,
		       items = [], % <--- that one.
		       affiliation = none,
		       subscription = none
}).

I wasn't able to reproduce, because I was the only one publishing on
the node.
I haven't tested that theory yet though.