[ejabberd] pubsub_item.DAT getting big

Stephan Maihöfer sma at turtle-entertainment.de
Mon Oct 6 14:28:00 MSD 2008

hi,

is anyone up for a jabber session to help me on this
problem? over the weekend our database grew to
650 mb again and i have several nodes with hundreds
of items.

i found out with eric last week that it seems that the
pubsub_item mnesia table is not correctly populated but
i get the items and can see them in PSI.

also it seems that items and subnodes are not being deleted
when i delete a colleciton node. sooo...at the moment the
only way to get the server up and running again once the
database reaches the "critical mass" is to stop it, delete
the database, copy stuff over we still need and then start
the jabberserver again, and create all neccessary nodes.

this is a very tedious job and gives us downtime every
five days or so. since all the clustering goes down as
well this means a complete outage of our jabber infrastructure.

i would be very glad if someone could help me with this
problem and am more than willing to spend some time on
jabber to provide the neccessary data.

thanks in advance,
stephan