[ejabberd] Why the pubsub_publish_item hook has been commented out?

Vincent BARAT vincent.barat at ubikod.com
Mon Oct 6 19:51:56 MSD 2008

Hi,

I have to write a module allowing to store all items published via pubsub (Atom posts) in a MySQL database.
I originally planed to use the pubsub_publish_item hook documented here http://www.process-one.net/en/wiki/ejabberd_events_and_hooks/ but see that the related code has been commented out in mod_pubsub.

Can I know the reason why?
Is it safe to uncomment this and use this hook?
Is there a better way to do what I need (this storage is for archiving/seraching only, not to replace the Mnesia storage of pubsub nodes).

Thanks a lot