[ejabberd] Implementing XEP-0059 (question for mnesia gurus)

Eric Cestari eric at ohmforce.com
Fri Oct 10 13:04:25 MSD 2008

Hi list,

I am considering implementing Result Set management in ejabberd. (http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0059.html
).
(For pubsub and muc browsing via disco).

I'd like to do it, but I have a few questions regarding mnesia
performance for paging.
 From what I saw, there is no OFFSET and LIMIT for limiting a query
result.

One can use lists module for doing this, but is it efficient enough ?
Wouldn't that involve many things moving around, and potentially very
big messages passed between processes ?

Let's say I have 100K muc rooms to page through, 50 by 50, will that
work or will the server memory consumption be too high ?

Eric