[ejabberd] Multiple clients over a single connection?

Arne Claassen arne at getorganyzd.com
Mon Oct 20 03:49:05 MSD 2008

I know this might be out of scope for ejabberd and is more general
Xmpp, but is there a way to have a single connection represent
multiple JIDs at the same time? I mean the stanzas generally have to
and from, so is it possible for a single connection to be the endpoint
for a number of JIDs and simply send out its messages and replies
encoded with the right from?

I have a number of daemons that talk over xmpp as their message bus.
Currently a single physical process can handle a number of these
daemons, but i currently require a separate connection back to
ejabberd for each one. Since it seems like it takes just under 100KB
per connection (maybe that's just per presence and less sockets buy me
nothing), it would seem there is a lot of ejabberd memory footprint
savings that could be realized.

thanks,
arne