[ejabberd] Tips on implementation!

Julien Genestoux julien.genestoux at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 01:03:32 MSD 2008

Hi!

First of, I have to say that I am new to both Erlang and Ejabberd...
but I am willing to learn a lot and quickly!

I want to setup an ejabberd server to replace our Openfire current
installation (yeah, I know... Java).

We have a legacy MySQL Database and I want to authenticate our Jabber
users against this database. (the rest can be handled by the default
database in ejabberd).

The MySQL Database contains the following tables that will be used to
authenticate :
- a "user" table that contains a username and a password, as well as a
salt. The password is encoded with SHA1+salt
- a "xmpp-user" database that contains usernames that will be used by
the Jabber client to connect. This username will have the following
form usermane-application where username is a username form the "user"
table.

When a client connects, he provides a xmpp-user and a password. with
the xmpp-user parameter, we get the username, and check the password
in the "user" table.

I hope that was clear, because it's not very obvious(even to me!)...

Thanks a lot for your help!

Julien

--
Julien Genestoux