[ejabberd] ejabberd does not start

Manuel Ritter Ritter-net at web.de
Tue Oct 21 15:00:54 MSD 2008

Hello,
I installed "ejabberd_2.0.1-4~bpo40+1_amd64.deb" from etch-backports and all looks fine for 2 days.
Yesterday I restarted ejabberd and there was an error:

RPC failed on the node 'ejabberd at ritter-systems': {'EXIT',
                                                      {badarg,
                                                          [{ets,
                                                               lookup,
                                                               [hooks,
                                                                {ejabberd_ctl_process,
                                                                    global}]},
                                                           {ejabberd_hooks,
                                                               run_fold,
                                                               4},
                                                           {ejabberd_ctl,
                                                               process,
                                                               1},
                                                           {rpc,
                                                               '-handle_call/3-fun-0-',
                                                               5}]}}

My ejabbed.log is empty but loglevel is 5
sasl.log says

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 21-Oct-2008::12:52:49 ===
          supervisor: {local,stringprep_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.115.0>},
                       {name,stringprep},
                       {mfa,{stringprep,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=CRASH REPORT==== 21-Oct-2008::12:52:50 ===
  crasher:
    pid: <0.38.0>
    registered_name: []
    error_info: {bad_return,{{ejabberd_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                              {'EXIT',[47,
                                       101,
                                       116,
                                       99,