[ejabberd] Multiple clients over a single connection?

Arne Claassen arne at getorganyzd.com
Wed Oct 22 09:03:40 MSD 2008

> If they share the same bare JID and only use different resources you
> could use http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0193.html

Hmm.. I can just use a general JID and use the resource as the real
identifier. The additional benefit is that if i don't have a handler
for a particular resource all the connections for that JID will
receive the message, allowing me to automatically start handlers on
demand

As far as i can tell ejabberd supports XEP-0193 beginning with 2.1.0.
Since it don't see that as either a tag or branch in SVN, is that trunk?

Also, considering that each resource will still require a session,
will this be a noticable change in footprint, or just save me tcp
connections?

thanks,
arne